www-repository mailing list archives

From "Carlos Sanchez" <car...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Wrong pom for poi 3.0-FINAL
Date Wed, 30 May 2007 19:18:47 GMT
On 5/22/07, Nick Burch <nick@torchbox.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 21 May 2007, Carlos Sanchez wrote:
> > The pom for poi 3.0-FINAL is not correct.
>
> I'm not a maven user, so I asked on the users list, and followed the
> directions of the maven users there. They all thought the form we released
> was going to be fine :/
>
> > I see that you use the new groupId org.apache.poi, if you use it then
> > we need to put pom and jar in
> > http://people.apache.org/repo/m1-ibiblio-rsync-repository/org.apache.poi
> > instead of http://people.apache.org/repo/m1-ibiblio-rsync-repository/poi
>
> For now, I've added a symlink.

doesn't work like that, the metadata has groupId information and you
can't point two folders to the same metadata

I have copied the jars to org.apache.poi and fixed the poms
The one in poi redirects to org.apache.poi
The one in org.apache.poi has the dependency, license and all the
other info, please check it into subversion for next releases
http://people.apache.org/repo/m1-ibiblio-rsync-repository/org.apache.poi/poms/

> Going forward, we think we ought to be using org.apache.poi rather than
> poi. What's the recommended way to deal with moving to a qualified
> groupId, wrt old releases? Should we have a symlink, or should we keep the
> old ones under /poi/, and new ones under /org.apache.poi/?

you can't do just a symlink for the metadata.
As it stands right now people using "poi" location for 3.0-FINAL will
get a warning that it has moved to "org.apache.poi" so they update
their dependencies accordingly

--
I could give you my word as a Spaniard.
No good. I've known too many Spaniards.