www-repository mailing list archives

From "Carlos Sanchez" <car...@apache.org>
Subject Re: artifactIds and "apache-" prefix for trademark-enabled artifacts
Date Wed, 16 May 2007 15:50:42 GMT
A couple of things

- we just talked lately about using groupId+artifactId as filename for
distributions, assemblies and other things that end in an expanded
directory structure, to avoid conflicts and unnecessary long
artifactIds, but seems that it would also solve this problem

eg. org.apache.maven/1.0/core-1.0.jar would end in
org.apache.maven.core-1.0.jar inside the distribution automatically

i'm aware that that wouldn't prevent people from randomly download
core-1.0.jar by hand

- everything under org.apache in the repo comes from the apache
server, the rest of the projects that are not under org.apache (eg
ant) are a bit harder to enforce but they are not accepted from the
manual upload procedure.

--
I could give you my word as a Spaniard.
No good. I've known too many Spaniards.