www-repository mailing list archives

From Robert Burrell Donkin <rdon...@apache.org>
Subject Re: artifactIds and "apache-" prefix for trademark-enabled artifacts
Date Wed, 16 May 2007 20:40:06 GMT
On Wed, 2007-05-16 at 09:30 -0700, Carlos Sanchez wrote:
> just talk so far, the different plugins that create packages should be
> modified (war, ear, assembly,...) The first ones are probably going to
> be the eclipse, bundle and the OSGi related ones.
>
> if it becomes an apache policy officially, well then we'll do it
> faster I guess, but I just wanted to let people know that it's in the
> roadmap, and sounds a better solution that just append "apache" to all
> artifactIds

IIRC this used to be a recommendation in the old days (before maven did
away with prefixes). don't recall the board every passing anything and
it was never written down as policy (during the period when policy was
being written down).

not sure if it'll become official policy unless there are issues
downstream again (which seems less likely these days)

- robert