www-repository mailing list archives

From "Henri Yandell" <flame...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [repo] /www/people.apache.org/repo/m1-ibiblio-rsync-repository/
Date Thu, 15 Mar 2007 16:25:12 GMT
On 3/15/07, Thomas Vandahl <tv@apache.org> wrote:
> Henri Yandell wrote:
> > Is there any particular reasons for the distributions directory?
> >
> > Seems like a waste of diskspace.
>
> Well, no. I thought it was a good idea. It's a place conforming to the
> maven conventions. I saw other projects having those directories as
> well. Should I remove the stuff?

Generally I think it's just wasted diskspace. The ones that do exist
are for when their test process involves downloading a full
distribution and not just a jar (least that's what they tell me :)  ).
There's nothing in Maven that would use the distributions and I think
it's just an old idea that didn't go anywhere.

Unsure though. Adding repository@ back on so that experts there can comment.

Hen