www-repository mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <steve.lough...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ant 1.7.0 jars in maven repository
Date Thu, 21 Dec 2006 11:08:32 GMT
On 21/12/06, Reinhard Poetz <reinhard@apache.org> wrote:
 I *strongly* recommend that you put your artifacts into some staging
> repository before so that you and others can test with Maven 2 that everything
> is working correctly. For this purpose some projects use the
> /www/people.apache.org/builds/  directory.
>
> You should also use 'mvn install-file' (see
> http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-install-plugin/usage.html) which creates
> all the metadata for you.

You can check the MD right now
http://people.apache.org/repo/m1-ibiblio-rsync-repository/org.apache.ant/poms/

notice how we even say who to complain to if the MD is wrong :)

One thing the POMS do do is have everything underscoped; most
dependencies are marked as compile and not run time, and some of them
(e.g. testutil) dont even declare they depend on junit at all.

This does guarantee that users wont get unexpected stuff in there, but
it may disappoint some people who are aficionados of transitive
dependencies.