www-repository mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <steve.lough...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [repo] /www/people.apache.org/repo/m1-ibiblio-rsync-repository/
Date Wed, 13 Dec 2006 09:31:11 GMT
> Steve,
>
> -1 if you don't give us tool for us to do the auditing ourselves or if
> all the rules are not written down. If repository@ folks keep changing
> their mind, we cannot read everyone's minds.

The rules will be encoded in Prolog, unless I feel an urge to walk RDF
graphs in JRuby or Jython. I like the idea of declarative

Did I mention RDF graphs? Someone lurking on this list has the ability
to convert the entire metadata graph into N3 notation for other tools
to use. Once we've synced up the binaries we can even look inside them
too.

Paolo -how goes the code? Is it public yet?

> +1 if it's well documented, no ambiguity and there is an automated
> tool/checker we can run before our releases. We can't make a release
> and then get told that we have to re-cut our release with a new
> version # because one of the folks here had a brainwave/dream last
> night. There needs to be a documented policy and specific date on the
> policy they take effect just like all the infra policies.

oh, I am strongly -1 to cutting a new binary release just because the
metadata is bad. This is what we have to do today, and its wrong. But
how about fixing up the MD against an existing (and voted on) release?