www-repository mailing list archives

From "Wendy Smoak" <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Sync Request: Apache MINA 1.0.1
Date Tue, 05 Dec 2006 22:34:01 GMT
On 12/5/06, Jorg Heymans <jheymans@apache.org> wrote:

> I don't know if this came up before, but is it documented somewhere at
> which times this automatic sync occurs? It would help projects to avoid
> releasing during a sync.

It's not formalized yet, but opinion is leaning towards "projects
shouldn't release directly to the rsync repos".

There was talk at ApacheCon US and on dev@maven about staging releases
and then promoting them to the release/rsync repo after a vote.

(I'm not sure how your project is handling releases, but your concern
about releasing during a sync made me think you're concerned about not
having a chance to review it before it syncs.)

--
Wendy