www-repository mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Staging repository
Date Wed, 06 Dec 2006 20:13:07 GMT
Wendy Smoak wrote:
> On 12/6/06, Reinhard Poetz <reinhard@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> So what about setting up a directory
>> /x1/www/people.apache.org/repo/m2-staging-repository at
>> people.apache.org?
>
> I think staging repos will be per-project, or even per-release.
>
> As an example, for MyFaces we have
> http://people.apache.org/builds/myfaces/m2-staging-repository defined
> in the master pom.
>
> When I did the 1.1.4 build, I deployed it there, but then immediately
> moved the entire directory down underneath
> http://people.apache.org/builds/myfaces/core-1.1.4, which also held
> the release assemblies were placed prior to the vote.

I don't have a problem with /x1/www/people.apache.org/builds/cocoon (for Cocoon)
either. Do others agree with using /x1/www/people.apache.org/builds/ as staging
directory?

> That made promoting it to the rsync repo very simple-- just copy
> everything over.  (Well, that messes up the repository metadata, but
> it's the best I can come up with right now.)

AFAIK the repository metadata is only important for snapshots. Releases are
fetched directly without requiring metadata.

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc