www-repository mailing list archives

From Jorg Heymans <jheym...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Sync Request: Apache MINA 1.0.1
Date Wed, 06 Dec 2006 18:09:25 GMT
Wendy Smoak wrote:

> It's not formalized yet, but opinion is leaning towards "projects
> shouldn't release directly to the rsync repos".

If one shouldn't use it as a remote repo and one shouldn't release to it
then perhaps it shouldn't be named 'repo' anymore. It only confuses people.

> There was talk at ApacheCon US and on dev@maven about staging releases
> and then promoting them to the release/rsync repo after a vote.

At the moment we (Cocoon) decided to 'stage' our release to
people.a.o:~jheymans/staging-repo. After testing we 'mv' the files to
ibiblio-rsync. Not an ideal situation but i guess there aren't really
any alternatives.

> (I'm not sure how your project is handling releases, but your concern
> about releasing during a sync made me think you're concerned about not
> having a chance to review it before it syncs.)

It's not so much that we wouldn't get a chance to review, it's more that
we are afraid that the sync cronjob kicks in during a release execution
and publishes only half or parts of the released artifacts.

Regards
Jorg