www-repository mailing list archives

From "Henri Yandell" <flame...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [repo] /www/people.apache.org/repo/m1-ibiblio-rsync-repository/
Date Tue, 12 Dec 2006 23:58:55 GMT
On 12/12/06, Steve Loughran <steve.loughran@gmail.com> wrote:

> > d) Project directories are group-owned by the PMC unix group. commons
> > by jakarta, sandesha2 by ws etc.
>
> -0
>
> We have too much evidence that the individual projects dont publish
> artifacts with a rigorous enough process or adequate metadata.

If a staging process is created, then the above maps onto the staging
repositories and not the production repositories. Effectively this is
'sign off from the PMC in question' in the same manner as our dist/
dir.

> I'd propose
>
> e) artifacts are copied from the project directores to a staging site
> where they are audited and validated before being published in the
> central repository. Only artifacts that are considered valid will be
> published.

I'm +1 if someone can come up with such a system and convince
non-project members to volunteer time to audit/validate; I'd rather
see the other things done without tieing them to the need for an audit
process etc.

Hen