www-repository mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <steve.lough...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Missing dependency in geronimo-kernel 1.1 pom
Date Tue, 07 Nov 2006 21:07:23 GMT
> This is an implementation of javax.xml.namespace.QName.
> However I would not recommend trying to remove this
> dependency on JDK 5, because the classes are not compatible
> (the serialized uids for this class has changed between JDK 1.4
> using jaxp and jdk 5).  Anyway, any solution would work better
> that what we currently have, as several builds of projects
> at apache are broken (ServiceMix, Ode and i guess more).

oh, bugger, that's bad. You mean that if I run code on geronimo that
tries to serialize a qname over RMI to something else, things wont
make it. That's not good, not at all. I think in that situation I
probably would want the java1.5 one. Actually, assuming its endorsed,
that is what I'd get anyway.

-steve