www-repository mailing list archives

From Dennis Lundberg <denn...@apache.org>
Subject Questions about setting up a mirror
Date Mon, 06 Nov 2006 22:06:01 GMT
Hi

I've approached my employer about setting up a Maven central repository
mirror there. They are open to the idea, but have a couple of questions
that they would like to have answered before going any further. I hope
you can help me to give them solid answers:

1. What kind of bandwidth are we talking about? For example, how much
data gets downloaded from central during a 24 hour period? An
approximation will do just fine.

The total size of the data to store shouldn't be a problem. I've seen
figures in the 10-20 gigabytes range. I hope that is still somewhat
accurate.

2. Are they (my employer) in any danger in the legal section? What would
happen if a piece of software was uploaded to central and then synced to
our mirror, and that software violated a license agreement or a law
somewhere? I know that procedure is followed before anything gets
uploaded, but they still want this to be clear.

--
Dennis Lundberg