www-repository mailing list archives

From "Adam Lally" <ala...@alum.rpi.edu>
Subject Re: Can/should eclipse jars go in m2-snapshot-repository
Date Thu, 09 Nov 2006 14:18:20 GMT
FYI, by asking on users@maven.apache.org I found that someone has
already put up a repository containing the latest Eclipse jars (v3.2.0
and v3.2.1) at http://repo1.maven.org/eclipse/.

-Adam

On 11/6/06, Antoine Levy-Lambert <antoine@gmx.de> wrote:
> Hello Adam,
>
> there is a procedure here http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-ibiblio-upload.html
>
> which can be used for Eclipse artifacts.
>
> The best would be if you would contact the eclipse development team and if they would
request their upload themselves.

> http://mvnrepository.com/search.html?query=eclipse
>
> returns some answers.
>
> Maybe some of the artifacts that you need are already available.
>
> It is possible for library users to request uploads, but it is even better if the upload
request comes from the project which builds the artifacts, in this case the Eclipse project.

> Ideally, Eclipse should upload all their jars to ibiblio when they make a new release,
or at least a selection containing the ones which Eclipse API developers are likely to use.

> If you decide to enter your own JIRA tickets to upload particular Eclipse jars, make
sure that the groupId and artifactId s make sense both for you and for the Eclipse project.