www-repository mailing list archives

From "Adam Lally" <ala...@alum.rpi.edu>
Subject Can/should eclipse jars go in m2-snapshot-repository
Date Mon, 06 Nov 2006 15:46:54 GMT
Hi,

I'm looking for some advice here... I'm just getting started working
within Apache as part of the UIMA project just accepted to the
incubator.  We're using Maven 2 for our build, and some parts of our
project have dependencies on Eclipse jars.

The Eclipse jars that we need (several jars from v3.1.2 or later)
don't seem to be available in the central Maven repository or any
other Maven repository I've found.

According to http://www.apache.org/dev/repository-faq.html, it may be
acceptable under some circumstances to host 3rd-party artifacts at
/www/people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/.  Do you think
this would be an appropriate place to put the Eclipse jars that we
depend on?

Or if there's some other solution to this that you would recommend,
I'd be happy to hear it.

Thanks,
  -Adam