www-repository mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Transparent modification of Maven artifacts?
Date Fri, 27 Oct 2006 10:37:52 GMT
Hi,

[I assume this is a good place to contact, let me know if there's a better one.]

The jackrabbit-core-1.0.1.pom at Ibiblio differs from the one I
deployed to people.apache.org:

$ IBIBLIO=http://www.ibiblio.org/maven
$ PEOPLE=http://people.apache.org/repo/m1-ibiblio-rsync-repository
$ POM=org.apache.jackrabbit/poms/jackrabbit-core-1.0.1.pom
$ GET $IBIBLIO/$POM | openssl md5
bdb88e330f1dc30b9ae0082d06810b0d
$ GET $PEOPLE/$POM | openssl md5
0953fb69d76a7faef5085a00b1c907a6

The difference is apparently explained in
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MEV-453.

What's the policy for making such changes? At least I wasn't informed
about the modification. In addition, the signature I associated with
the POM is now invalid.

See http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-592 for our concerns
about making the change in Jackrabbit trunk and the reason why the
same change is not reflected in the recent Jackrabbit 1.1 release. I'm
currently following up on the license issue.

BR,

Jukka Zitting