www-repository mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: Sync request
Date Mon, 02 Oct 2006 15:15:22 GMT
Alex Karasulu wrote:
> Trustin Lee wrote:
>> On 10/2/06, *Carlos Sanchez* <carlos@apache.org
>> <mailto:carlos@apache.org>> wrote:
>>
>>     Is mina a top level project? http://mina.apache.org/ doesn't work
>> for me
>>

>> No, it's not.  But we have been using org.apache.mina package name for
>> a long time.  Recently we've sent a TLP proposal for MINA to the
>> board@apache.org <mailto:board@apache.org>.  It should be discussed in
>> the next meeting.

> I know this is a bit of an odd situation but we're in a bind here and
> would appreciate it if you can consider this a very special case.

If forgot to mention something very important.

The Directory PMC was going to release information about this later but
this situation I think warrants the discussion.  The ApacheDS 1.0.0
release which depends on these MINA 1.0.0 jars has been certified for
LDAPv3 and all the tests have passed.  A press release is planned around
this.  For us to double back now and re-release MINA with another group
ID (to change it yet again) will make us lose weeks and everything is
planned for ApacheCon US 2006.

I will take full responsibility and will verify that the Directory PMC
in fact endorsed and voted on the resolution of MINA to become it's own TLP.

Thanks,
Alex