www-repository mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <steve.lough...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: which ejb. persistence
Date Wed, 23 Aug 2006 22:26:02 GMT
On 23/08/06, Carlos Sanchez <carlos@apache.org> wrote:
> On 8/23/06, Steve Loughran <steve.loughran@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 23/08/06, Carlos Sanchez <carlos@apache.org> wrote:
> > > First remeber that nothing can be removed from the repo.
> >
> > I understand that releases of stuff can't be removed.
> >
> > But what about
> > a) random bits of junk like the
> > javax/persistence/ejb-3.0-public-draft/ artifact?
> >
> > > Then, javax.persisntence ejb were poms of prereleases pointing to
> > > where the api could be found, as it couldn't be redistributed.
> >
> > those are poms that now point to stuff that cant be retrieved as
> > they've effectively been retired. They may be refererred to by things
> > like hibernate-annotations, but that just means that the version of
> > hibernate-annotations cannot be resolved without human intervention.
> >

> when it was added it worked. If other people remove their releases
> there's nothing I can do

This is a losing battle. If you can't lock down other people's stuff
(and you cant), and you wont ever purge the repository of invalid
external links, then gradually, over time, the quality of the
repository is going to decline.

> > > javax.persistence persistence-api 1.0 is the reference implementation
> > > from glassfish and synced from
> > > https://maven-repository.dev.java.net/nonav/repository/
> >
> > hmmm. I see they dont publish the javax.ejb stuff there, do they?
> >

> afaik that is not under CDDL and can't be redistributed

On this topic, if I were to create my own, personal javaee entry in a
private repo, where should it go?

1) javax/javaee/javaee/5.0
2) javax/ejb/javaee/5.0
3) javax/j2ee/j2ee/1,5?

technically, (3) is more accurate, as there already is a 1.4 pom...
-steve