www-repository mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <steve.lough...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: sha1 and md5 checksums
Date Wed, 23 Aug 2006 08:48:52 GMT
On 23/08/06, Carlos Sanchez <carlos@apache.org> wrote:
> On 8/22/06, Steve Loughran <steve.loughran@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I have a couple of q's about checksums
> >
> > 1. we have things out there that dont have all the checksums. e.g under
> >
> > http://ibiblio.org/maven2/org/apache/maven/maven-artifact-ant/2.0.4/
> >
> > the maven-artifact-ant-2.0.4-dep.jar only has .md5, not sha1.
> >
> > Is this something the uploader has to do, or is generation of the
> > checksums automated.
>
> uploader responsability

ok, sounds like a process failure on this one. More generally, should
we be allowing uploads to go through that dont come checksummed?

> > 2. Does anything walk round the repository or its mirrors and check
> > that checksums are consistent on a site, and consistent with the
> > central repo?
>
> nothing yet

OK. I may have some time next month to do some prolog programming. I
have ideas, like comparing the Ivy and M2 metadata and seeing how they
differ, and taking snapshots of both metadata sets to see how they
change over time.

-steve