www-repository mailing list archives

From "Wendy Smoak" <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: creating staging repositories
Date Fri, 25 Aug 2006 22:50:09 GMT

> FYI, some projects do use the metadata.
> For example, Geronimo use it to detect the different versions available
> before downloading a released jar.
> I guess it would be better to have uptodate metadata.
>
> Isn't there any tool for merging two repositories ?

The Maven devs are working on Archiva, (formerly known as the
Repository Manager,) and Brett suggested that the issue of 'promoting'
a build might be addressed there.

I'm still not sure copying the repository metadata from the snapshot
repo will work.  Not everything from the snapshot repo goes on
ibiblio, so the list of available versions would be incorrect.

--
Wendy