www-repository mailing list archives

From "Henk P. Penning" <he...@cs.uu.nl>
Subject Re: new stuff in maven-repository
Date Tue, 29 Aug 2006 17:07:14 GMT
On Mon, 28 Aug 2006, Wendy Smoak wrote:

> Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 14:59:34 -0700
> From: Wendy Smoak <wsmoak@gmail.com>
> To: repository@apache.org
> Subject: Re: new stuff in maven-repository
>
> On 8/28/06, Henk P. Penning <henkp@cs.uu.nl> wrote:
>
> >   I only look at 'dist/' ; and only at md5 and pgp 'rules'.
>
> Would it be possible to get the ibiblio-rsync repositories added to
> the scripts?  (Is there a reason you're not tracking them, or did they
> just fall out when they moved under 'people.apache.org/repo' ?)
>
> I feel better about releases knowing I'll get that email if anything is wrong.

Wendy,

  I was glad to see the repo's removed from '/dist/'. Compared to
  the rest of '/dist/' the repo's were messy ; riddled with old
  and unsigned stuff, etc.

  In the past few years, I have sent hundreds and hundreds of nag mails,
  urging people of fix things ; progress was slow.

  To get things fixed in more fundamental ways (fix software, tighten
  goals, allocate responsibility) proved a very, very slow process,
  with an endless repetion of discussions, ideas, expression of good
  intentions, etc. As far as I can tell, maven2 fixed none of the
  consistency or completeness problems, that cause the repo's to
  be below apache standards.

  I'm not enough 'into' maven and other repo-tools, or the mindset
  of repo release managers, to make any suggestions for improvement.

> Wendy

  Regards,

  Henk Penning

Henk P. Penning, Computer Systems Group       R Uithof CGN-A232  _/ \_
Dept of Computer Science, Utrecht University  T +31 30 253 4106 / \_/ \
Padualaan 14, 3584CH Utrecht, the Netherlands F +31 30 251 3791 \_/ \_/
http://www.cs.uu.nl/~henkp/                   M penning@cs.uu.nl  \_/