www-repository mailing list archives

From "Brett Porter" <brett.por...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cocoon 2.2 M1 artifacts in m2-ibiblio-rsync-repository
Date Sun, 06 Aug 2006 23:33:49 GMT
On 05/08/06, Jorg Heymans <jheymans@apache.org> wrote:
> > There's no guarantee of when it will be synced and I dont have the
> > time to sync different pieces so the right option is as you say
> > increase the version number and release again.
> > I don't think this is any different than other release processes.
> >

> I don't agree with above, but if that's how it is then so be it.

This isn't a matter of agreeing or disagreeing. If you put something
into the sync repository, it is the same as putting it into /dist/.
You've said "we've released these files, push them out to the world".

It's becoming all too frequent that stuff gets pushed there and then
done again when a problem is noticed. I would like to see us
cataloguing the reasons this occurs and doing whatever we can to avoid
it in future.

- Brett