www-repository mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: New location for Maven repositories on people.apache.org
Date Fri, 11 Aug 2006 17:46:28 GMT
Hi,

I'm confused.

It used to be that you could find the contents of /www/www.apache.org/
dist/java-repository on all the mirrors, but now I can't find the
contents on any mirror.

I know where they are on apache, but where are they on the mirrors?

requested...)

Is there a plan to update these pages? They seem to be out of date.

http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html#build-directories

http://www.apache.org/dev/release-publishing.html#repo-step-by-step

http://www.apache.org/dev/mirror-step-by-step.html#instructions

Thanks,

Craig

On Jul 17, 2006, at 9:14 PM, Henri Yandell wrote:

> (Please reply to repository@apache.org and ensure you drop the Cc
> to committers@apache.org)
>
> The maven repositories on people.apache.org can now be found at the
> following paths:
>
>   /www/people.apache.org/repo/m1-snapshot-repository
>   /www/people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository
>   /www/people.apache.org/repo/m1-ibiblio-rsync-repository
>   /www/people.apache.org/repo/m2-ibiblio-rsync-repository
>
> (previous paths were:
>   /www/people.apache.org/repository
>   /www/people.apache.org/maven-snapshot-repository
>   /www/www.apache.org/dist/java-repository
>   /www/www.apache.org/dist/maven-repository
> )
>
> Apart from fixing up the previously random names, this moves the
> repositories for syncing to ibiblio (currently a manual task that
> Carlos Sanchez Gonzalez (carlos) is taking care of) out of the ASF
> mirror directories.
>
> One important change that this leads to is that you NO LONGER NEED
> TO DELETE from the ibibilio rsync repositories. These will one day
> be the ASF Maven repository once we've figured out how we can
> handle hosting that bandwidth wise.
>
> For the snapshot repositories, there are currently symlinks in
> place so that the various CI systems that deploy to them don't fall
> over. Please update these and let us know at repository@apache.org
> that you're pointing to the new path.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Hen