www-repository mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: New location for Maven repositories on people.apache.org
Date Fri, 11 Aug 2006 22:54:41 GMT
Hi Henry,

On Aug 11, 2006, at 1:50 PM, Henri Yandell wrote:

> On 8/11/06, Craig L Russell <Craig.Russell@sun.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm confused.
>>
>> It used to be that you could find the contents of /www/
>> www.apache.org/
>> dist/java-repository on all the mirrors, but now I can't find the
>> contents on any mirror.
>>
>> I know where they are on apache, but where are they on the mirrors?
>
> They're not on the mirrors anymore. There were no reasons to have the
> repositories on the mirrors given that they only existed for rsyncing
> up to ibiblio and not as usable repositories themselves.

But where are they on ibiblio? I can't find them. They used to be in
"java-repository" at http://mirrors.ibiblio.org/pub/mirrors/apache/
java-repository.

So maybe they are no longer available as separate downloads, but
available only by maven?

We used to publish the jar files as maven artifacts that could be
downloaded directly by a user by following a link to a mirror site.
Or maven could fetch them all by itself.

Our .cgi script contained e.g.
jdo2-api-2.0.jar">jdo2-api-2.0.jar</a>
[<a href="http://www.apache.org/dist/java-repository/javax.jdo/jars/
jdo2-api-2.0.jar.asc">PGP</a>]
[<a href="http://www.apache.org/dist/java-repository/javax.jdo/jars/
jdo2-api-2.0.jar.md5">MD5</a>]

So I'm still confused.

>> requested...)

And I'm now on the repository@ alias.

Thanks,

Craig

>> Is there a plan to update these pages? They seem to be out of date.
>>
>> http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html#build-directories
>>
>> http://www.apache.org/dev/release-publishing.html#repo-step-by-step
>>
>> http://www.apache.org/dev/mirror-step-by-step.html#instructions
>
> Unless anyone does it first, I'll have a go at updating them.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Hen

Craig Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com