www-repository mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: First step
Date Tue, 18 Jul 2006 03:54:24 GMT
> On 7/17/06, Joshua Slive <joshua@slive.ca> wrote:
> > On 7/8/06, Henri Yandell <flamefew@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > rm -r /www/www.apache.org/dist/java-repository
> > > rm -r /www/www.apache.org/dist/maven-repository
> > > mkdir /www/people.apache.org/repo/
> > > mv /www/archive.apache.org/dist/java-repository \
> > > /www/people.apache.org/repo/m1-ibiblio-rsync-repository
> > > mv /www/archive.apache.org/dist/maven-repository \
> > > /www/people.apache.org/repo/m2-ibiblio-rsync-repository
> >
> > The above has just been completed.  Relevant scripts need to be
> > updated for ibiblio.
>
> The [repo] monitoring scripts are updated. You'd think the copied over
> archive.apache.org repositories would be big, but they're surprisingly
> not (worries that he screwed the order above up or something).
>
> Henk, could you still do md5/pgp checks?
>
> Joshua, any thoughts on doing a weekly rsync to another location on
> minotaur as a backup? If someone removes something from the rsync
> repositories I'd like to be able to ask them if they meant to do that
> and have a backup available.

I'm pretty sure the copy from archive went correctly.  You can compare with
http://archive.eu.apache.org/dist/
at least until it gets rsynced from minotaur sometime tonight.

I don't know about the backup.  It sounds like having a real backup
plan might make more sense than just copying stuff someplace else on
the same server.

Joshua.