www-repository mailing list archives

From "Wendy Smoak" <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject How to 'promote' a build?
Date Tue, 25 Jul 2006 04:52:31 GMT
I need to get a deployed and signed pom from the snapshot repo into
the one that syncs with ibiblio:

http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/org/apache/struts/struts-master/3/

(It was deployed there because Struts uses a 'test build' stage, then
votes on the release afterwards, so our
<distributionManagement>/<repository> is pointed at the snapshot
repo.)

I can't just copy it over or the repository metadata will be missing
or incorrect.  Last time I tried 'mvn deploy:deploy-file', I couldn't
get it to deploy *just* a pom, and I've also noticed that poms get
changed on deployment (?) so the .asc might not match.

Any ideas on this one in particular, or the general problem of
promoting builds?  We also have Struts 1.3.5 in the snapshot repo
awaiting a quality vote.  At least deploy-file should work with the
jars, but there is another 'parent pom' that I'll probably have
trouble with.

Thanks,
--
Wendy