www-repository mailing list archives

From "Wendy Smoak" <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How can we find who posted Derby 10.1.3.1 binaries to ibiblio
Date Thu, 20 Jul 2006 02:25:50 GMT
On 7/19/06, John Sisson <jsisson.apache@internode.on.net> wrote:

> Who else has access to place poms on ibiblo ?  I would like to track
> this down..

At the risk of jumping in the middle of this... is it the poms or the
jars that you're concerned about?  (The subject line says 'binaries'.)

I found the Derby release process here:
 * http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DerbySnapshotOrRelease

#19 has you deploying to the Maven 1 repo [1].

Carlos, correct me if I'm wrong, but
  - that repo has an automatic sync with ibiblio (no email to
dev@maven necessary)
  - placing files there would make them available to both Maven 1 and
Maven 2 users

As for the poms, the m2 pom for 10.1.3.1 here:
  <http://www.ibiblio.org/maven2/org/apache/derby/derby/10.1.3.1/derby-10.1.3.1.pom>
nearly matches the one here:
<http://people.apache.org/repo/m1-ibiblio-rsync-repository/org.apache.derby/poms/derby-10.1.3.1.pom>
which is very close to your project.xml file in svn
 <http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/db/derby/code/trunk/maven/engine/project.xml>

I'm no longer  familiar with the Maven 1 release process, and Derby
seems to use Ant for part of it, but the end result seems to be that
both the pom and jar were added to m1-ibiblio-rsync-repository on July
5, which matches your 10.1.3.1 release announcement.
 * http://people.apache.org/repo/m1-ibiblio-rsync-repository/org.apache.derby/jars/
 * http://people.apache.org/repo/m1-ibiblio-rsync-repository/org.apache.derby/poms/

I think the m2 poms you're seeing were converted from the ones in the
m1-rsync-repository repository, and those came from your project's
build files.  If you add more information to your m1 project.xml
files, it will make its way into the m2 poms.

Feel free to tell me I have no idea what I'm talking about, but
everything looks fine to me. :)

[1] then /www/people.apache.org/dist/java-repository, now
/www/people.apache.org/repo/m1-ibiblio-rsync-repository

--
Wendy