www-repository mailing list archives

From "Henri Yandell" <flame...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: First step
Date Sun, 16 Jul 2006 17:21:00 GMT

> > Just occurred to me that an important policy change that goes with
> > this is that we should no longer delete files. Not sure what we should
> > do about. Maybe use the archive scripts to keep a backup that doesn't
> > allow deletes?
> >
> > Any thoughts?
>
> Same question as Phil.  Does this (not deleting files) apply to
> maven-snapshot-repository?

Nope, definitely not, delete away :)

Currently we have an rsync ibiblio repository and by virtue of its
position on the ASF servers it all gets backed up to
archives.apache.org. So in archives.apache.org we have a big unused
repository. By getting it out of the dist/ directory we lose the
archives.apache.org backup feature.

Hen