www-repository mailing list archives

From "Henri Yandell" <flame...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: First step
Date Sat, 08 Jul 2006 20:59:26 GMT
> On 7/7/06, Henk P. Penning <henkp@cs.uu.nl> wrote:
>
> >   If a change is made, please move the repo's out of 'dist/'.
> >   It makes policy, documentation and checking cleaner and easier.
> >   In 'dist/', the repo's are 'oddballs' (can I say that?),
> >   and a move would make things more understandable.
>
> +1.
>
> Until such time as a long-term policy is in place, I suggest moving
> them all under either people.apache.org or a new repo-test.apache.org.

+1 to moving them under people.

rm -r /www/www.apache.org/dist/java-repository
rm -r /www/www.apache.org/dist/maven-repository
mkdir /www/people.apache.org/repo/
mv /www/archive.apache.org/dist/java-repository \
/www/people.apache.org/repo/m1-ibiblio-rsync-repository
mv /www/archive.apache.org/dist/maven-repository \
/www/people.apache.org/repo/m2-ibiblio-rsync-repository

And then a bit later

mv /www/people.apache.org/repository \
/www/people.apache.org/repo/m1-snapshot-repository
mv /www/people.apache.org/maven-snapshot-repository \
/www/people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository

Ideally later on we would split the snapshot repositories up such that
continuous builds would go elsewhere to jars needed temporarily for
dev work.

Hen