www-repository mailing list archives

From "Carlos Sanchez" <car...@apache.org>
Subject Re: What are the current locations for m2 artifacts?
Date Fri, 14 Jul 2006 21:58:56 GMT
> Can one of you tell me what the current official locations are for m2
> artifacts?
>
> I'd like some confirmation for the official:
>
>   * M2 Release repo HTTP URL and SCP URL
>   * M2 Snapshot repo HTTP URL and SCP URL

Add this to your parent pom and you'll inherit all that info

  <parent>
    <groupId>org.apache</groupId>
    <artifactId>apache</artifactId>
    <version>2</version>
  </parent>

> Also, how do release artifacts (for m2) from Apache get synchronized
> to central?

releases are synced on demand, ping here or in maven-dev
snapshots are not released

> And, what are the security requirements to allow posting (via SCP
> wagon) to these repositories?

I have this in my settings.xml

    <server>
      <id>apache.snapshots</id>
      <directoryPermissions>775</directoryPermissions>
      <filePermissions>664</filePermissions>
    </server>
    <server>
      <id>apache.releases</id>
      <directoryPermissions>775</directoryPermissions>
      <filePermissions>664</filePermissions>
      </configuration>
    </server>

although the preferred mask for files is 644 you have to keep in mind
that there's a problem with the metadata files that need to be group
writable always

--
I could give you my word as a Spaniard.
No good. I've known too many Spaniards.