www-repository mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: First step
Date Thu, 08 Jun 2006 15:26:01 GMT
> Given that the rsync to ibiblio is currently down, I think that now is
> the perfect time to go ahead and get a repo.apache.org setup and move
> the various repositories into it. This would get the Maven rsync
> repositories off of the mirrored dist which isn't helping anybody.
>
> Any reason not to do so?
>
> (ignoring that I'll probably get things started then vanish for 3
> weeks on vacation).

Moving stuff out of www.apache.org/dist/ is a good idea, but I'm still
-1 on any kind of repo.apache.org until we are clear how the bandwidth
and scalability issues are going to be addressed.  Call it
privaterepo.apache.org if you want.  But we don't want to imply that
this is something people should be permanently pointing at until
permanent policies are in place.

Joshua.