www-repository mailing list archives

From "Wendy Smoak" <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: maven-repository/org/apache/myfaces/core/..../1.1.2
Date Wed, 21 Jun 2006 03:19:36 GMT
On 6/20/06, Henk P. Penning <henkp@cs.uu.nl> wrote:

> Fine ; thanks (and congrats!).

Thank you! :)

>   -- In general, a 'new version' should be be published with a 'new'
>      version number ; It is acceptable to re-publish (rewrite) a file
>      that is essentially the same (the md5 can change because of
>      different dates of even 'filler' bytes). Such a  rewrite isn't
>      great, but acceptable if unavoidable and the sigs match.
>
>   -- .md5's and .asc's MUST BE consistent. You can either restore
>      the previous state, or fi sign the stuff yourself if you are
>      sure the published stuff is ok.

Since I didn't build or test this release, I prefer to just put the
original files back under dist/maven-repository.  This has been done,
retrieving the files from ibiblio and uploading them to people.a.o.
Other than the file dates, I believe everything has been put back the
way it was in mid-April.

Details are here:
http://wiki.wsmoak.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?MyFaces/RepoFix20060620

Please let me know if anything else is needed.

Thanks,
Wendy