www-repository mailing list archives

From "Henk P. Penning" <he...@cs.uu.nl>
Subject Re: maven-repository/org/apache/myfaces/core/..../1.1.2
Date Tue, 20 Jun 2006 23:13:50 GMT
On Tue, 20 Jun 2006, Wendy Smoak wrote:

> Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 15:13:16 -0700
> From: Wendy Smoak <wsmoak@gmail.com>
> To: repository@apache.org, henkp@apache.org
> Cc: pmc@myfaces.apache.org
> Subject: Re: maven-repository/org/apache/myfaces/core/..../1.1.2
>
> I know Sean and Henk have already discussed this.  It was definitely
> unintentional.  In any case, Sean is very busy right now, and asked if
> I could help set things right.

  Fine ; thanks (and congrats!).

> To fix it, my intent is to replace the changed files with the
> 'originals' from ibiblio.  That should get the original jar/md5/sha1
> files back, and the jar will match the .asc from April 15th again.

  -- In general, a 'new version' should be be published with a 'new'
     version number ; It is acceptable to re-publish (rewrite) a file
     that is essentially the same (the md5 can change because of
     different dates of even 'filler' bytes). Such a  rewrite isn't
     great, but acceptable if unavoidable and the sigs match.

  -- .md5's and .asc's MUST BE consistent. You can either restore
     the previous state, or fi sign the stuff yourself if you are
     sure the published stuff is ok.

> Wendy Smoak

  Thanks for your efforts,

  HPP

Henk P. Penning, Computer Systems Group       R Uithof CGN-A232  _/ \_
Dept of Computer Science, Utrecht University  T +31 30 253 4106 / \_/ \
Padualaan 14, 3584CH Utrecht, the Netherlands F +31 30 251 3791 \_/ \_/
http://www.cs.uu.nl/~henkp/                   M penning@cs.uu.nl  \_/