www-repository mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: email template for maven evangelism
Date Fri, 09 Jun 2006 19:41:46 GMT
Jorg Heymans wrote:

> Noel J. Bergman wrote:
> > And many of them may not give a farthing about Maven, so they will
consider
> > your e-mail to be spam.
> I was aware of that yes. What do you think about Steve's wording then?

I replied to him a few minutes ago.  It is better.  But we still have some
work to do on promoting the idea of a repository (not Maven or any
particular tool, else you alienate users of other tools).  And there are
more critical issues, such as signing the artificts.  If an author is in the
WoT, signs the artifacts and allows you to do the grunt work of publishing
the artifacts in a repository, that would better than if the author were to
put unsigned artifacts in the repository.

> they perhaps should start thinking about being present or not on maven
central.

Keep calling it maven central, and you'll lose a lot of people.

	--- Noel