www-repository mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: email template for maven evangelism
Date Fri, 09 Jun 2006 20:24:56 GMT
Jorg Heymans wrote:

> I'm assuming that the majority of OSS projects enjoys the fact that
> other people want to use their work. These projects go out of their
> way to get registered on sourceforge, freshmeat, theserverside etc,
> so why not assume that they would not mind putting in some effort to
> have their artifacts published on a central (maven) repository ?

You are asking them to do more work.  For what value?  You keep repeatedly
using the "maven" word, and don't seem to care that not everyone cares about
maven.  They already have users, and they didn't have to mess with maven to
get them.  If I were publishing a nice, simple, but useful utility jar, I
certainly would not be using maven.  And the only POM I'd be interested in
would be http://www.pomwonderful.com/, and it doesn't use XML.

	--- Noel