www-repository mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: email template for maven evangelism
Date Fri, 09 Jun 2006 19:41:46 GMT
Steve Loughran wrote:

> I'd be pretty pissed off if I got this message.

I'm harsher than you, and might be quite antagoized about even the prospect
of cooperating.

> Furthermore there are some of us who dont have any want or need for
> maven and maven2. , but who do see the benefit in having a central
> repository of OSS libraries.

The repository must remain tool-agnostic.

> So i'd position it in a way to emphasise the broad benefits of the
> repository, something like:

Better, but why should *they* be tasked with putting artifacts in the
repository?  "Why don't you just do it if you want it?  I've got enough and
better things to do, so why bother me with all of this repository stuff?"

Arguably, we want to make sure that we have legit artifacts.  I'd make more
of an effort to educate people about signing their artifacts and becoming
part of a WoT, and pushing the repository tool authors on the issue.  Once
again, it is entirely irresponsible to use unauthenticated artifacts.

> your name here,
> Apache repository team.

If it is going to go out over the ASF brand, it had better be vetted and
voted on, and should be approved by the PRC.

	--- Noel