www-repository mailing list archives

From "Brett Porter" <brett.por...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: release process
Date Tue, 06 Jun 2006 02:04:52 GMT
On 06/06/06, Steve Loughran <steve.loughran@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm thinking that
>
> 1. we should create stub poms for the various JARs
> 2. integrate pom releases into the process

Sounds good. Each optional JAR should probably declare a dependency on ant:ant.

If you are going to upload to the Maven 1 repo, you'd need Maven 1
stub POMs. They're essentially no different to Maven 2 ones, and get
converted, so that is probably best for you right now.

We haven't entirely implemented a good mechanism for adding non-Maven
projects to the Maven 2 repository and populating the required
metadata yet, but its moving along.

> Looking at the doc, there are way too many manual steps involved.
> Manual steps get left out, or worse, done in the wrong order. Anything
> new that we add should be automated, with some retrofitting of more
> automation into the existing process.

I'd suggest looking at Jakarta Commons wiki pages on the release
automation wishlist too. At some point, I'm hoping to have automated
all of that through Maven, and the non-Maven code can easily be
shared.

- Brett