www-repository mailing list archives

From Jorg Heymans <jheym...@apache.org>
Subject email template for maven evangelism
Date Fri, 09 Jun 2006 17:41:17 GMT
Hi,

I'm gonna do a "mass" mailing on behalf of apache.org to the project
maintainers of dependencies that have not released the artifacts we
require to ibiblio.

1) any objections to this?
2) anything in particular i have left out or worded wrong in below
email? I know the process is a bit more trickier sometimes (eg we could
try and nudge them to do a release if we're depending on a revision
snapshot) but I purposely left that out because too complicated to explain.

--------------

Dear maintainer of <insert project name here>,

It has come to our attention that your library is currently being used
in a maven2 context by one or more projects from the Apache Software
Foundation.

For reasons of build stability and artifact availability it is
recommended that all library dependencies of our projects are uploaded
to the maven2 central repository at ibiblio [2]. As you can see, many
libraries are already represented there.

At the moment, following versions of your library have not yet been
uploaded to ibiblio:

<insert list of missing versions here>

The procedure of making your library availabe in the maven2 repository
is quite simple and described here [3]. Should you still require
assistance with this then the maven2 mailing list [4] should be your
first point of contact. In the unlikely event that you do not receive
any answers there you can always contact me directly on this email address.

We would be extremely grateful if you could repeat this process of
releasing to maven central for all future releases of your project.

Thanks in advance for making our project builds easier to manage!

On behalf of the Apache Software Foundation,
<insert your name here>

[1] http://maven.apache.org/
[2] http://www.ibiblio.org/maven2/
[3] http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-ibiblio-upload.html
[4] http://maven.apache.org/mail-lists.html

So far I collected following libraries (for cocoon):

xReporter   r672
nekodtd     0.1.11
chaperon    20040205
deli        x050330