www-repository mailing list archives

From "Henri Yandell" <flame...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: restrictions are optional
Date Fri, 09 Jun 2006 15:49:42 GMT
On 6/9/06, Jorg Heymans <jheymans@apache.org> wrote:

> Henri Yandell wrote:
>
> > All three and chaperon added back and marked as being in use with Cocoon.
> >

> Missing:
> ----------
> 1) deli:deli:jar:x050330
>

> IIRC Deli is closely related to Jena, probably even developed by the
> same group and presumably under the same license.

Replaced.

Jena, Deli, HsqlDb and Castor all look like they should really be
uploaded to iBibilio currently. They're real releases rather than
snapshots.

Chaperon we should lean on to make a release.

> > Jena depends on ICU4J, which has an X License. Looks pretty BSD-ish,
> > so no worries there - if Cocoon ship this they might want to let Cliff
> > know on legal-discuss.
>
> Sorry i'm not following you here, should we worry or not about shipping
> this lib with Cocoon ?

My thinking is that when a project is shipping a license that Cliff's
not aware of yet, that we ought to let him know. Even if it looks like
just another BSD style license.

Hen