www-repository mailing list archives

From "Henri Yandell" <flame...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: restrictions are optional
Date Fri, 09 Jun 2006 01:15:22 GMT
On 6/8/06, Stefano Mazzocchi <stefano@apache.org> wrote:
> Henri Yandell wrote:
> > On 6/8/06, Stefano Mazzocchi <stefano@apache.org> wrote:
> >>
> >> another thing that we should force is to make people add licensing
> >> issues to the POMs and all those that they depend on, so that we could
> >> automate the legal dependency checks.
> >
> > This takes us into the Maven Repository Manager area - I know
> > Brett/Jason et al are working on that kind of thing.

(oops, the "We've" below doesn't refer to Maven - just the list of
things I can think that we will want to check.  Hope that didn't come
across wrong)

> > We've a list of checks to get people to deploy things:
> >
> > 1) Must be PGP signed
> > 2) Correct POM
> > 3) License info included (either as a file or in poms - need to talk
> > to Cliff about that one)
> > 4) Javadoc and Source jars included
> >
> > That's all that springs to mind. Probably more.
>
> is there code we can play with?

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/repository-manager/trunk/

though I check out via:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/trunks/

It compiles for me now, but I've not dug into figuring out how to deploy it yet.

Hen