www-repository mailing list archives

From "Henri Yandell" <flame...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: First step
Date Thu, 08 Jun 2006 15:46:22 GMT

> Moving stuff out of www.apache.org/dist/ is a good idea, but I'm still
> -1 on any kind of repo.apache.org until we are clear how the bandwidth
> and scalability issues are going to be addressed.  Call it
> privaterepo.apache.org if you want.  But we don't want to imply that
> this is something people should be permanently pointing at until
> permanent policies are in place.

Brett et Maven guys, do we have any idea of the iBiblio bandwidth
usage? I imagine ASF material makes up a solid %age of that.

Currently as I understand it bandwidth hits on people.apache.org are
minimal, which makes sense as there are very few direct users of the
repositories at the ASF. So we've no direct info as to how to
calculate bandwidth and scalability.

How do the ASF bandwidth deals work?

Hen