www-repository mailing list archives

From "Henri Yandell" <flame...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: restrictions are optional
Date Wed, 07 Jun 2006 22:55:12 GMT
> Henri Yandell wrote:
>
> > Would be nice to move it to /www/people.apache.org/repository at
> > some point, but no rush I figure.
>
> Or repository.a.o, or www.a.o/repository or something else that we can setup
> to be mirrored.  Possibly repository.a.o could have the cgi that would
> redirect to the correct location for each artifact.

Yup, have suggested a repo.apache.org in another thread, which seemed
to go down well. I need to request the DNS change next.

Mirror-wise, there's probably not a huge need for this repository.
It's not a release repository and should largely only be used by ASF
projects during their dev stages. #asfinfra admitted that bandwidth is
very low on minotaur right now.

Stefano's thread on having a real repository at the ASF would
definitely involve some mirroring discussions. It would not want to
delete files, so that might affect any desire to use the existing ASF
mirrors.

Hen