www-repository mailing list archives

From "Henri Yandell" <flame...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: restrictions are optional
Date Wed, 07 Jun 2006 22:43:02 GMT
On 6/7/06, Jorg Heymans <jheymans@apache.org> wrote:

> Henri Yandell wrote:
> > My first pass is complete.
>
> Cocoon build is currently failing. What should we do to convince you
> that those jars were legitimate ?
>
> 1) xreporter:xreporter-expression:jar:r672

Some worrying bits on the general xreporter license page - I'm
presuming the dependency on the mysql driver is via JDBC (as it's
GPL), and the link to International Components for Unicode doesn't go
anywhere useful.

However, xreporter-expression doesn't have dependencies so no problem
with the above.

Clause 6 of the xReporter license is silly and someone should lean in
Steven's direction to get that clarified. Something to discuss on
legal-discuss anyway as its changes mean it's not a license on Cliff's
3rd party page and would currently not be a permitted thing to
distribute.

License: http://cocoondev.org/xreporter/index/license.html
Cliff: http://people.apache.org/~cliffs/3party.html

I've put the jar back for the meantime.

> 2) nekohtml:nekodtd:jar:0.1.11

Neko's cool, ASL and no worrying dependencies.

> I'm all for cleaning out the repo and stuff, but the community impact of
> breaking a build should not be neglected.

Yep, the other alternative was moving repository to warez and then rm
-r on warez in a few days. I generally moved any ASF jar back into
place and am waiting to hear of people who need the non ASF jars. Then
I get to play hunt the license and the dependencies :)

Hen