www-repository mailing list archives

From "Howard Lewis Ship" <hls...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] m2 repository management
Date Sat, 08 Apr 2006 15:04:57 GMT
> I'd like to propose the following:
>
> * Tighten up on the m2 repositories. Structure it in TLP format, allow
> PMCs access to only their TLP group (ie:  org/apache/<tlp>). They can
> structure it internally however they wish (while following the m2
> repository structure).

I'm into this. Is there documentation for Maven 2 on building that
"redirect". That is,
for some projects, I get a warning that tells me that the "artifact
has been renamed"
or something to that effect.

> * Kick out things that don't fit that. iBiblio can continue to be a
> mess, but our repository would tighten up and over time that would
> communicate to the rest of the repository world.

Don't see a problem with this.

> * Use SVN for all this. It fits our current processes, doesn't rely on
> accounts on the server, lets us hook commit notifications up to mail
> repository@apache. It gives us history; especially when a pom or jar
> had to be changed.

I've seen the notes below, so SVN doesn't seem like a good way to go.

Is there something we could do with WebDAV to make it easier to get
files up into the repository?

> * Ideally we'd have svn hooks in place to block things that aren't
> done right; ie) commits without an md5 etc.

How about ant Ant library & Maven extension that does the client-side
prep and the proper upload?

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Jakarta Tapestry