www-repository mailing list archives

From "Brett Porter" <brett.por...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] m2 repository management
Date Sat, 08 Apr 2006 15:12:15 GMT
On 4/9/06, Howard Lewis Ship <hlship@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm into this. Is there documentation for Maven 2 on building that
> "redirect". That is,
> for some projects, I get a warning that tells me that the "artifact
> has been renamed"
> or something to that effect.

http://maven.apache.org/ref/2.0.3-SNAPSHOT/maven-model/maven.html#class_relocation

<relocation> inside <distributionManagement>.

> > * Kick out things that don't fit that. iBiblio can continue to be a
> > mess, but our repository would tighten up and over time that would
> > communicate to the rest of the repository world.
>
> Don't see a problem with this.

So far, maven-repository is clean. The automated sync will only be
turned on once cleanliness can be monitored automatically (which is
pretty much in place, just need to tie it all together... and
apparently get the app to compile :)

> Is there something we could do with WebDAV to make it easier to get
> files up into the repository?

This sounds like a really good alternative. We will likely have webdav
support directly from Maven this month.

- Brett