www-repository mailing list archives

From "Henri Yandell" <flame...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: sources + javadocs
Date Tue, 04 Apr 2006 21:58:11 GMT
On 4/4/06, Henk P. Penning <henkp@cs.uu.nl> wrote:
> On Tue, 4 Apr 2006, Henri Yandell wrote:
>
> > Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 13:56:25 -0700
> > From: Henri Yandell <flamefew@gmail.com>
> > To: repository@apache.org
> > Subject: sources + javadocs
> >
> > It's all the rage to deploy sources and javadocs to your repos nowadays.
> >
> > Anyone mind if I go ahead and see how much I can script in the current
> > repos such that the sources and javadocs are pulled out of the .zip
> > files in the archive and sucked over into the maven repo?
>
> Hen,
>
>   The rules in maven-repository/README.txt :
>
>     - only deploy releases voted on by the PMC

Out of interest, are we meant to remove ones that weren't voted on?

>     - sign all artifacts and POMs (currently, this is a manual step)
>     - never deploy snapshots or development releases to this repository
>     - ensure that if a release is deleted from /dist/, it is removed from
>       here completely also (excluding archiving)

Which would be a bad thing from a user point of view (I assume the
rsync is deleting at ibiblio if we delete).

>     - no artifacts are allowed from projects under incubation
>     - make sure you have your maven settings correctly set to make
>       directories group writeable.
>
>   -- everything you generate from source 'dist/XXX', must be removed
>      /automatically/ from the repository if/when 'dist/XXX' is removed
>   -- every jar, zip, tar.gz etc must be signed.

Might have to chew a bit of bandwidth while I get the files locally so
I can sign them; otherwise, no prob.

>   Infrastructure frowns upon (forbids?) automatic deployment.
>   Check with them, and possibly the board.

Will do it for Commons/Jakarta first with a vote. If it seems
scriptable, maybe then try to hit more.

Hen