www-repository mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <steve.lough...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Repository not up to the task??
Date Wed, 22 Mar 2006 10:02:55 GMT
On 3/22/06, Niclas Hedhman <niclas@hedhman.org> wrote:
> On Wednesday 22 March 2006 15:26, Dion Gillard wrote:
> > Could they not rely on unreleased software? cvs.apache.org is for SNAPSHOTs
> > and unreleased software only?
>
> That was my first suggestion, but...
> Secondly, I suggested that those jars are checked into SVN, as IMHO projects
> should remain buildable in the future, at least "most of the time". But with
> snapshots, either cvs.a.o or a temporary server, WILL disappear over time.

The rule that we now enforce in apache WS (after something that broke
the rule escaped), is that
-every release cannot depend on -SNAPSHOT versions of things

without that, you dont have the ability to rebuild stuff exactly as
they were, as you depend upon the state of the remote cvs.apache.org
repository.

-steve