www-repository mailing list archives

From Jorg Heymans <jheym...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Repository not up to the task??
Date Wed, 22 Mar 2006 18:30:40 GMT

Henri Yandell wrote:

> I've been having the same problem trying to build Geronimo.  If I
> leave the apache.org snapshot repositories in, Maven 2.0.2 will die
> with timeout errors. Also takes forever. Without them, it's very
> speedy.

Yes and that's exactly what we are hoping to avoid by moving any lib we
still use off cvs.a.o to our own server. When that server proves
reliable again we'll start using it. At the moment it is affecting our
build process and anyone wanting to try out our new m2 based core.

Note that this will not affect the deployment of our snapshots or
releases, they will still go to the proper destinations.

> Not a lot of info in maven -e about it either. Need to dig into it.

Actually there were timeout problems with ibiblio itself at some point,
they seem to be resolved now - what was the solution there?

Regards
Jorg