www-repository mailing list archives

From Phil Steitz <p...@steitz.com>
Subject Re: cleaned up?
Date Tue, 07 Mar 2006 00:49:38 GMT
Carlos Sanchez wrote:
> I thought you wanted to remove it like any other snapshot (not
> archived). As far as it reaches iBiblio you can delete it from dist.
> RCs are not different to any other version.
We have two different issues here.  Hopefully we can all agree that

1.  Only official, signed releases should go into *either* /dist or ibiblio
2.  The mirrored /dist directory is not an archive and should only
contain the most current released versions of apache software

Putting RCs into /dist means effectively treating them as releases.  I
am personally OK with different apache projects using different naming
conventions and release classification schemes, but would recommend
against using the term RC for official releases.  "Test builds,
snapshots, etc" should not be pushed to the mirrors or ibiblio.

Phil