www-repository mailing list archives

From "Henri Yandell" <flame...@gmail.com>
Subject [PROPOSAL] m2 repository management
Date Thu, 02 Mar 2006 17:47:01 GMT
I'd like to propose the following:

* Tighten up on the m2 repositories. Structure it in TLP format, allow
PMCs access to only their TLP group (ie:  org/apache/<tlp>). They can
structure it internally however they wish (while following the m2
repository structure).

* Kick out things that don't fit that. iBiblio can continue to be a
mess, but our repository would tighten up and over time that would
communicate to the rest of the repository world.

* Use SVN for all this. It fits our current processes, doesn't rely on
accounts on the server, lets us hook commit notifications up to mail
repository@apache. It gives us history; especially when a pom or jar
had to be changed.

* Ideally we'd have svn hooks in place to block things that aren't
done right; ie) commits without an md5 etc.

* We could have people here doing manual svn updates, or we make it automatic.

Hen