www-repository mailing list archives

From "Carlos Sanchez" <car...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cleaned up?
Date Mon, 06 Mar 2006 17:36:26 GMT
> Is it me, or have things been cleaned up in java-repository and
> maven-repository?
>
> Additional things that look bad in java-repository:
>
> ant-doxygen (looks to be a sourceforge project)
> nekohtml (pseudo apache, lives in ~andyc)
>
> [with a Jakarta hat on: ]
> commons-grafolia (never heard of this)
> commons-http (unreleased)
> commons-graph (moved to codehaus)
> commons-latka (empty dir)
> commons-messenger (moved to codehaus)
> commons-threadpool (unreleased)
> commons-resource (unreleased)
> commons-xo (unreleased)
> commons-jux (unreleased)
> velocity-dvsl (unreleased)

I'd remove or move them to the snapshot repo

> [full of geronimo jars, but I don't think this fits the m1 spec]
> org/ directory

They need to be warned. They are also using a SNAPSHOT parent pom, so
it shouldn't be on maven-repository.

> directory-clients//poms contains SNAPSHOTS

I'd remove or move them to the snapshot repo

> Also, how about killing directories that don't actually have jars in?

It's fine

> Lastly, do we have a policy on RC's? Should they be sitting in the
> release repository, or should they be treated as snapshots and not go
> to ibiblio?

I think they should be widely available to be tested, that's the purpose of RCs.

--
I could give you my word as a Spaniard.
No good. I've known too many Spaniards.